Rechambering And Opening Bolt Face.

RL, Thank you for your encouraging words. I assembled the rifle, mounted a scope, loaded up some 06 165 grain Game Kings and the rifle shot sub MOA at 100 yds. For now I'm going to leave it and find another FN Mauser action. I'm going to find one that doesn't have a good barrel. I'm in the middle of a 50 BMG build that I would like to take deer hunting in November. Got the barrel threaded, and should be receiving my reamer this week. It's on a BAT EX action, Bartlein 37 " SS barrel, 50 MOA pic rail, Jewel trigger, Vortex Razor 4.5x 27x56mm scope, and a green mountain camo laminated stock.

50BMG? WOW! How big are the deer in Minnesota?

Seriously, I would love to see some on the BMG build as well.

ok, give me a few minutes and I will post. The deer here are huge, they can field dress 200-250lbs. And remember there is no such thing as over-kill, either its kilt or not kilt! :)

My 50 build. BAT EX on barrel. Barrel 1.750" breech, 1.250 muzzle. 37" SS. Pic rail, and 4140 action wrench turned from my lathe and mill. P9110071.JPG P9110072.JPG P9110077.JPG P9110079.JPG

http://www.johnlhinnant.com/

Check out John Hinnant's book on barrel fitting. Covers a lot of ground. I got my copy thru Amazon. Excellent reference with a lot jigs and fixture set ups that might help.

Back