Recently Purchased Milltite Mill

Mine was a cast aluminum part from the factory. Easiest might be to fabricate a fiberglass replacement copied from an original. Perhaps someone would let you borrow an original. Best overall would be to have one cast in aluminum using a original as a pattern. Post your needs on the Yahoo group.

The model number is: MVN and the serial number is: 69338
Any info on either would be greatly appreciated.
Terry

Terry, the Yahoo group for Burke Millrite has the information you seek. They have a machine data base and lots of helpful folks devoted to the Millrite mills. Date of manufacture is a common question.

Well...Picked up my Millrite Mill today. The Guy I bought it from had just picked up a Logan 11" (model 940-2) last week and he had been checking it out. It has the base cabinet, Quick Change gears, 1 3/8 spindle bore and variable speed. I was able to run it and make some cuts...its smooth (hardly any run-out) and quiet..the ways are good. It needs a little TLC on the paint and the manual carriages gear is worn (bit of lash). So I brought it home too.
The move went well...both the Mill & Lathe made the trip home safe and sound. I'll get some pictures up tomorrow.
F.Y.I. I did locate a pulley cover (a newer style powermatic) thanks to a connection on here...Thanks!!!
Terry

Throw in a shaper and would be a hat trick! Still, mill rite and 11" Logan makes us paisanos, as I have the same. Congrats!

Heres The deal... the guy I bought it from (whom I also picked up a Millrite Mill from) told me it was a 12" Logan. When I asked for the model number he told me "940-2" which is a 11" lathe model. I was on quite a few sites and I couldn't find one 11" 940-2 model that looks like my lathe. All the pictures that I found that look like my lathe are 12" Lathes ( my serial serial# is 65959). The model number is on the "Quick Change" gear case...I'm wondering if some one replaced the QC with a 11"? Any Help in identifying my lathe model would be GREATLY appreciated

Here's a picture of my lathe:

IMG_0465.JPG

Here's a 12" I found that looks EXACTLY like mine (but in better shape):

IMG_0502.JPG

A Burke Millrite was my first vertical milling machine. Good machines. Mine had the rotating and nodding head with the original B&S #9 spindle. Looks like you have a nodding head also. WARNING: Have a strong second set of hands to stabilize the head when loosening the head bolts to tram. There is no locking pin that will keep it from falling over.
Sir. You can make a bracket that will make re tramming and holding the head very simple. Fellow I bought mine from showed me this trick and gave me the bracket when I bought the machine, see Youtube Millrite tramming, that is my machine. Hope this info helps.

Yours is likely a 12" lathe with a qcgb from an 11" lathe. The how's and whys are lost to the ages. You can check the Logan actuator site for info, the serial# is on the front flat on the bed, at the tailstock end.

Back