Recent Buy = B&S Dividing Head No. 0 and question.

Tool-in-the-Box

Active User
Registered
Been looking for a nice dividing head for my clausing 8250 & Benchmasters. I recently found this one in part of a bulk buy.

Question is I noticed this same style with various makers names (Myford, Vertex, Shars ect.). Is this B&S the original version of this tool or is it a copy of yet another brand?

And for the record I have seen older tools that are reproductions of even older tools. Though I don't remember any US companies doing that unless they bought out another company.

Just curious really, I am quite happy with this purchase.

I haven't had a chance to clean it yet but I am posting a pic since everyone loves pictures.

DV1.JPG

DV1.JPG

It's hard to say if it is original. Those copies have been around long enough by now that a used one could look like that one. Any maker's marks on it at all? I guess not,or you'd have your answer!:)

Thanks for the replies. George, it is stamped B & S. I was just wondering if B & S was the original maker of this type of dividing head.

Check the spindle nose thread(remove the knurled thread protector). Original Brown & Sharpe heads had 4 1/2 threads per inch. Newer clones have 8 TPI.

Back