Rebuilding a B&S #2 Mill by Ron Peisker

HMF

Site Founder
Administrator
Ron sent me this DVD and I converted and uploaded it to YouTube for you guys.
If you have a DVD of your restoration project, please send it to me and I will upload it for the members to see an enjoy.

[video=youtube_share;C-sfBZWdyPA]http://youtu.be/C-sfBZWdyPA[/video]

Reminds me of my No. 3 B & S mill I rebuilt 38 years ago while in high school. It was a much older mill built around 1910. It's floating around Houston at last report.

Tremendous. THAT is a man cave...he brought the machine through a tunnel....meticulously restored it....painted it tan, then called it even. It's like a time capsule of what men USED TO BE in there. If only there were another half dedicated to brewing beer, a punching bag, and a big bank-safe door outside the tunnel....:thinking::think1::shush:

Last edited:
I wish i could paint like that... I have yet to paint a machine actually. I am too lazy and to scared it will turn out looking like hammered cat poo

thanks for sharing the video, looks awesome!

I feel like my BP is pretty versatile, powerful, and rigid. Until you compare it to and old tank of a universal. What a cool project.

Anyone have an accurate weight for the B&S No 2 Dynamasters (ca. 1953) ?

I'll be bringing not one - but two of them home in the near future. :)) One with a vertical head was a saved from the scrappers. I've downloaded the manual but just can't find the spec sheet on them yet!

Thanks again!
Jeff Pfeifer

We ran my friends '92 F-250 + heavy duty trailer down South last weekend and hauled the two B&S No 2 universal mills back up here to Boise, ID. Got them both moved into my meager garage this weekend along with my other "stuff"... nicknamed this "project shoehorn" as I really need to get that shop built! Killed lots of black widows and filled up two trashcans in the process. I'll post some picts in the days to come.... S/N's 501-2-72 & 501-2-142. Guessing these were buildt just a few years apart??? Feeling good that all went well hauling these ol' gals back safely and without incident.

One came with a No 22 vertical head + Crane with roller. :) Glad to be the next one to be entrusted with the care and use of these two mills. Working on the power situation... got some VFDs I'm going to see about putting to work.

Regards,
Jeff P

Last edited:
Congratulations on your new toys. But we have a small problem here,
:worthless:

Back