Reasons to Keep Smaller Lathe

Should I Keep or Sell the Craftsman?

• Total voters
Hi Susan, I have a 10 inch Atlas that I am redoing for at home, It was my Uncle's and he really made some neat things on it. I have a larger Sheldon 12 inch that is set up at at the shop at the farm I grew up on. I am looking forward to getting the Atlas done and if it works out I think the Sheldon might move on, mainly because the Atlas broke down easily and was light enough to carry down the stairs into the basement and it's not 3 phase. My Uncle used both lathes and could turn out nice work on both of them the Atlas might have taken a little longer but I am thinking more of it from a tinkerers perspective when I retire. The Atlas is fully tooled as well the Sheldon is not. I actually have been thinking about a smaller lathe like a 109 that I could take out on jobs in my service truck to turn a bushing here and there . You can always sell it later if you keep it :) TJ

I retract my previous comment!! A few days ago I was doing something in my large lathe and???? Needed to make a end cap for a collet. Sure didn't want to u chuck the piece, so the Logan came to the rescue.
Thanks scruffy ron

I retract my previous comment!! A few days ago I was doing something in my large lathe and???? Needed to make a end cap for a collet. Sure didn't want to u chuck the piece, so the Logan came to the rescue.
Thanks scruffy ron

Toe JA so ! LOL.

Back