Reamers, order information my experience

ropedrag

Registered
Registered
If your going to buy reamers, my experience

Wanted to pick up a set of reamers to have available, and after some research I figured my needs could not justify the cost of of the upper end manufactures. Thought I'd take a shot with the reasonably priced (to me anyway) offerings from drillsandcutters . com

HSS, check
Chucker, check
Straight shank, check
Spiral flute, heck yes check

Ordered up 1/8 through 3/4 in 32nd's through 1/2 and 1/16th's above that. A good many for my hobby needs. Reamers arrived and it appears this order is cobbled together from 4 different manufacturers, 2) China and 2) US. Some looked great and like new clean, others had the plastic coating (dipped in/melted on style) on the flutes which seems promising and others were dirty/scaley giving the impression of poor quality.

Don't get me wrong I wasn't expecting champaign for beer money, but damn this order was filled from all over the map, very likely 4 levels of quality when the order form made no mentioned this and actually indicated they would all be Qualtech brand (which are likely marginal quality).

Cost for 17 pieces in the order was $250 so again i'm not expecting the best but I did expect them to all be from the same source.

IMG_3085.jpg

Back