Rate the Harbor Freight Tools Thread- Pass or Fail?

About the most useful ''tool'' I get from HF are the flyers I get about twice a week. They make great fire starters for my wood stove. :grin: Works 100% of the time.

I bought a couple of those hand, squeeze-type clamps from HF. You know, those black, plastic ones with the orange pads on the clamping fingers. Can't remember the size exactly, but about the medium size ones. Anyway, I went to use them a couple days ago and immediately, after placing one of them on the two pieces I wanted to clamp together, the end of one of the fingers broke off and went flying across the garage. It wasn't just the orange pad that came off, it was the black plastic finger that snapped. I do not believe I was overworking the clamp. I used the other one and it did its job. Perhaps they can be inspected carefully before purchasing to look for defects.
If you're talking about their bar clamps, I bought about a half dozen in 18" and 24" sizes when I was working on my kitchen cabinetry. They were cheap and I needed a bunch of extra clamps at the time. I believe that all but one have broken. There is just not enough meat in the plastic to deal with the forces applied. To be fair, I expect a lot from a clamp and probably over-stressed them. My Wolfcraft clamps have held up through the thick of things without breaking. I also have four of the old fashion screw typ bar clamps from HF and have not had a problem with them.

Bob

Just got the 1000lb lift cart. Wow. it really is nice, strong, sturdy and worked great after following bleeding procedures. A back saver and a half.

I like their 4 drawer tool carts. Perfect to store tooling in. I have one by my lathe and one by my mill.

I have 4 of the Black 4 drawer Tool chests.
Just the right size for storing Drills, End mills, Reamers and all of my Cobalt and HSS bits.
I also get the black trays to put in the drawers to keep it all separated.
One by the Lathe. One by the Mill. One with wrenches and misc hand tools for roll around that I use for whatever I am putting together in the basement shop.
The other is in the garage full of hand tools.

I always seem to talk myself into getting another one when they come on sale for $99.

Just yesterday I went and bought a T55 Star driver 1/2inch drive. Got the whole set and also a set of left hand drill bits. Well used the crap out of them and no breakage yet. Put the T55 socket on my 1" impact and let her eat still in good shape. Had to take the box off my sons pickup so we could change a fuel pump. I got out of HF for 17 dollars not a bad buy.

I had about the same thing happen with the clamps I bought
But You get what you pay for. Usually , at HF. Cheap tools built cheap for occasional use by hobbiests

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back