Rate the Harbor Freight Tools Thread- Pass or Fail?

HF 1/2 drive air wrench driven by my puny 5 gallon pancake air compressor....wait for it...PASS!! I had to replace the 3 blades on my Kubota tractor mower today. I have a giant (I'm not kidding) Crescent wrench but it couldn't budge the second nut. Remembering that I had bought this thing precisely for this job I unpacked and set it up. Brrrrrrrrrr rupa rupa oh man effortless, that really saved me some effort.

HF 1/2 drive air wrench driven by my puny 5 gallon pancake air compressor....wait for it...PASS!! I had to replace the 3 blades on my Kubota tractor mower today. I have a giant (I'm not kidding) Crescent wrench but it couldn't budge the second nut. Remembering that I had bought this thing precisely for this job I unpacked and set it up. Brrrrrrrrrr rupa rupa oh man effortless, that really saved me some effort.
Which one? Item numbers are the only way to know what you are getting.

Second that, they have at least 4 or 5 diff 1/2 inch impacts that I know of off the top of my head. A couple are fails that I tried. Don't have the numbers so I did not post them.

On that one make sure you keep it oiled, and put a few drops in the air line each time you use it. Or it will Gall and lock up inside. That looks like one of the ones I had problems with. The ones I have not tired are the red ones. I started paying more for other brands as I also use mine a lot, or use to but not as much any more.

Yes its rated pretty low so buyer beware but I only need it for this one job every 1-2 years so I didn't want to buy a $400 Snap-on.

Actually Snappy/Blue Point aren't that great. Glad the driver bought mine back after I showed him how bad they were beside my IR impacts. I haven't tried any of the HF ones.

I bought a 6" buffer, some buffing wheels and polishing compound bars. I have no complaints. I like their stands and tables all my bench top drills, grinders, buffers and an arbor press have HF holding them up off the floor. I have one of their battery powered Sawzall clones, it is okay.

I got the scroll bender attachment in the mail yesterday. Its an addition to the compact bender (which I dont have yet).
I have made some decorative brackets for holding a light over my workbench. The only complant is its limited to 3/16" and under, I needed it for some. .250 square so I see a " mod-by-mill" in the next couple of weeks.

Sent from somewhere in East Texas Jake Parker

I bought a 6" buffer, some buffing wheels and polishing compound bars. I have no complaints. I like their stands and tables all my bench top drills, grinders, buffers and an arbor press have HF holding them up off the floor. I have one of their battery powered Sawzall clones, it is okay.

I also have a HF buffer...I looked at HF and their buffers were dirt cheap. As Sears is just down the road I went over to look at theirs and found the exact same buffer for sale at Sears for more than double the cost, returned to HF and bought theirs. No problems with it.

Back