Radius formula

riptide212

Registered
Registered
While cutting. A clamp on a water jet,i found it annoying,to figure the radius on both sides of clamp and maintaing the wall thickness through the radius. ie, 1/4 inch wide all the way around radius.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Holy smokes. One too many marts this evening? The OP is blurry to me. Time to hit the sack.

David

Ok i have a,inch thick piece of,steel using,a,water,jet to,cut a clamp the clamp is 1/4 wide at the radius i want,the clamp,to,maintain the 1/4 width. The radius on the outside is of course bigger than the inside. I was nust wondering the easyest way to figure that whe holding the thickness around radius

Still not sure of what your question is or what you are trying to accomplish. A sketch would be helpful. Since you are on a phone, draw one out and post a photo.

The position from which you would define your radius for the inside or the outside is what you must work with if the corner is 90°. If you have something more than 90° (you picked a chord/radius you wanted to work with) then you need to figure out what the radius of the chord is. Who decided on the dimension of the radius.

Edit: I read your comment again and I don't know what program you are using, CAD/CAM,etc. to enter the data, but if the center of your radius to the inside cut is 2" then the outside is 2.250".

Last edited:
The,problem was the width,of clamp is .250 now when i put in the radius.i wanted,it,to,stay.250 even at the,radius. Hard to draw a picture.

The,problem was the width,of clamp is .250 now when i put in the radius.i wanted,it,to,stay.250 even at the,radius. Hard to draw a picture.

Okay first question: What is the inside radius?

Thats what im trying to,figure out you see if the clamp is .250 wide and i measure across the bend or radius it gets smaller width wise and i want it to,remain the same all the way around the bend.. See its a water,jet cutting machine part is 1 inch thick but only .250 wide. And i can make radiues anything i want but getting them both right to hold that .250 is a pain.

Back