R-8 Spindle Key

I posted a new thread in Precision Matthews, no replies yet. Its a PM940 . I removed the quill base but I see no way to lower the spindle down a little so I can access the back of that grub screw. Sorry to hijack this threadIMG_20160821_190505.jpg IMG_20160818_230616.jpg

IMG_20160818_230616.jpg

Last edited:
As i recall my screw burried behind the bearings it didn't bother me as i had the whole thing apart. ... not much help for you though :(

I have replaced my screw 3-4 times on my BP clone. I finally just gave up. I like having the pin, but it is not worth the effort to replace them.

Randy

I have the same pin in the spindle with no problems ever since I got my BP about 25 years ago. Never nicked the slot in any of my holders with the pin either. I do have a few holders and such that are nicked from a pin and they remind me to be careful and mindful of that problem. Never had an end mill spin or move in a R8 collet. And still using the same drawbar, threads looks great. I do clean and oil the drawbar threads and do the same to the holder threads. But my shop is not perfect, you oughta see the owner:eek:…Dave

Back