R-8 collet holding bracket recommendation needed

cazclocker

Purveyor of cheese.
Registered
I'm a new owner of a mini mill (benchtop type) sold by Little Machine Shop - it came with 7 different size R-8 collets. I'm trying to get my work area organized. So I've decided I would like a nice quality bracket to hold my collets, and I would prefer one that screws to the wall. Can anyone here recommend one to me? I'm new to machining, but I am guessing that over time I'll want more than just 7 sizes - 7 R-8 collets is heavy enough, let alone 12 or 15 - maybe I'd be better to get a table-top style collet rack. What do you more experienced guys think?

Thanks,
...Doug

An oak 1"x4" with 1" holes drilled 1.5" on center serves me well. I soaked the surface in tounge oil and left it to sit for a few days to dry. I drilled the holes on my drill press with a forsner bit, and a plywood backer board. I have 6 collets and an r-8 boring head in it with no issues yet. (I spaced the last hole out more for the boring head clearance) Its held with regular shelf angle brackets. BTW I have a dozen more holes to be filled as finances allow.

An oak 1"x4" with 1" holes drilled 1.5" on center serves me well. I soaked the surface in tounge oil and left it to sit for a few days to dry. I drilled the holes on my drill press with a forsner bit, and a plywood backer board. I have 6 collets and an r-8 boring head in it with no issues yet. (I spaced the last hole out more for the boring head clearance) Its held with regular shelf angle brackets. BTW I have a dozen more holes to be filled as finances allow.

Yeah, I decided to just forget buying a holder when they're so easy to make. I saw one made of oak, only for 12 collets, in the Enco catalog and I just thought good grief, just make my own! The R8 collets I got with my mill are individually in plastic cases anyway, so I can just let them lay around in their cases until I get around to making a rack.

Never mind!! :drink2:

Back