quill spring fitment

Suzuki4evr

Registered
Registered
Hallo everyone

I have a bit of a problem with a mill/drill quill spring that I had made for my A&S TOOLS mill/drill machine.

I got the spring back,but they did not fit it back into the housing, so I send it back to them. A coule of weeks later it broke again at both places the bends was made for it to hook in the housing. Now I am thinking that the spring that was in there was to big or had too much windings in the first place and that that one was also a made-up one. Because they made the new one the same as the one it came with,is the reason for braking I think.

But now I am not going to send it away again and wait almost a month again for it. I want to take the old one,make it shorter,heat the end and bend it and put it back. My questions are.Can the spring be heated again and be left to cool and hopefully not brake again and how in God's good name do I get it back into the housing without loosing a finger.I only have 9 and a1/4 fingers left.

Does anyone have dvice for me.
Thank.
Michael

Can you post some pictures of the spring and the quill you are trying to put the spring into?. We'll try to help if we can. Also, do you know what the spring material is?

I will do so as soon as I get back to the shop. I am sick lying in bed. I will try to find out about the material.

Michael

can you tell me how to post a picture I have in my gallery? I am new to the forum and have not done that yet.

No helpful advice on this, but be very careful when reinstalling/tensioning the spring, I have two very nice capped front teeth courtesy of trying this myself. When I got back from the Dentist, I started looking for a mill.
olcop

Does the cap that holds the spring have provisions for a pin spanner? I think photos will help us. Better to get the photos onto your PC then upload, I always have trouble from my phone.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Does the cap that holds the spring have provisions for a pin spanner? I think photos will help us. Better to get the photos onto your PC then upload, I always have trouble from my phone.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Hope this helps
1d5de2939ad1b40d26883983231429a8.jpg

Sent from my SM-J111F using Tapatalk

Back