Questions about the PM-940 cnc before I order one. Please comment.

rodjava

Registered
Registered
I have a few questions about the PM-940 cnc before I order one from Matt.

I need the 4th axis option. Any member order the 4th axis option? I would like to see pictures of what it looks like as far as the size of the motor, head stock and tail stock when it's mounted on the table in use.

I would also like the memberships opinion about the manual 6 speed and the variable speed options. An extra $1000 has to be justified in my mind. Programming the speed in Mach is not that important to me. I would like to see a video of how the 6 speeds are changed. I wonder if I can add a VFD later to achieve partial variable speeds once 1 of the 6 speeds are set as a default.

Finally, the memberships opinion of the 6" and 8" vises that Matt sells. Are these cheap Chinese vises?

Thank you to the membership in advance for your comments and concerns about the PM-940 cnc

Rod in San Francisco

I have a few questions about the PM-940 cnc before I order one from Matt.

I need the 4th axis option. Any member order the 4th axis option? I would like to see pictures of what it looks like as far as the size of the motor, head stock and tail stock when it's mounted on the table in use.

I would also like the memberships opinion about the manual 6 speed and the variable speed options. An extra $1000 has to be justified in my mind. Programming the speed in Mach is not that important to me. I would like to see a video of how the 6 speeds are changed. I wonder if I can add a VFD later to achieve partial variable speeds once 1 of the 6 speeds are set as a default.

Finally, the memberships opinion of the 6" and 8" vises that Matt sells. Are these cheap Chinese vises?

Thank you to the membership in advance for your comments and concerns about the PM-940 cnc

Rod in San Francisco

Don't know what speed range you get with the 940 variable speed option but $1000 seems reasonable. I've got about $800-$900 in my VFD/belt drive conversion and I got a great deal on the motor, spindle bearings and I made my pulleys. Another consideration is your mill will be down while you do the conversion.

Hope this helps make your decisiin.

Tom S.

Back