Questionon on DRO's on HF 44991 Mill

rdfkentucky

Registered
Registered
Hi
I have the HF mini mill and have been playing with it making a few things for my knife making. Mostly squaring up, not sure about using it to drill proper spaced holes yet. I still have a lot to learn about it and come here to find out how. If I put DRO's on do I need to change anything else? I have been looking at the Igaging one's, would I be better off going to their Absolute ones or another brand?

Thanks
Rick

My igaging works just fine. You dont need a dro by any means, but they sure make life nice. And backlash aint a worry to compensate.

My igaging works just fine. You dont need a dro by any means, but they sure make life nice. And backlash aint a worry to compensate.

+1. I would love to have a DRO. However, for my milling machine needs, I'll save the money and measure twice.

Are you talking about the Digimag ones with the remote read out? That's what I was talking about.

A DRO is not important if you are doing accurate layout on the part. They are just a convenience. Most parts do not have that many features that require much accuracy.

Back