Question/Opinion Foredom for tool post grinder.

kvt

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Ok, I have a Foredom hand piece the has a collet type setup, Would that work for a Tool post grinder for doing things like grinding and truing the jaws on a 3 jaw chuck.
I think I an make an attachment that I can put in my QCTP holder for it,
I need to true up a 3 Jaw chuck that is but is in fairly good shape, Just not as accurate as I would like
would appreciate suggestions, or comments on this. I think it is strong enough to do the job and I have a foot control that works it.

Ken

yep. it would. I have a Themac tool post grinder. I would think your foredom would be as good as my very old themac.

I also have a Fordem that I have used as aTPG. It works, but some scallopping, ( appearance wise) can happen so take it very easy. Also will you have the reach you need to do the whole length of a jaw?? I'm in the process right now of building a tool post grinder, ID and OD,1/2hp. Just take it slow and you ought to OK.

An air die grinder mounted in a shop built fixture makes a heavier duty tool post grinder. It can also be mounted to the tool post itself with an adapter. Cheap, too. Not as good as my Dumore, but lots faster to set up.

Back