Qestion On A Base For A Pm-932

markknx

Active User
Registered
Hi guys I am back, and I have a new Pm-932 I am in the process of setting up. My question is do I use the supplied stand and build it up(say with some hard wood 4x4s), or the one I made for my old mill. It is made out of 5/16x3x3 angle and is built well. I will have to lower it about 3" to get the table at about elbow height. I know this is more of a personal choice but wanted some input.

Here are some pics of the stand20141025_230322_resized.jpg 20141101_220911_resized.jpg

Thanks for any input
Mark

image.jpeg My suggestion is to use the base that came with the pm932 . Raise it up however high you need it to be with another custom stand . The cast-iron base that comes with the 932 definitely adds much-needed vibration dampening. Nothing fancy, here's an idea.

Jay

Yeah that makes a lot of sense. I am thinking about 4x4 tubing. I think I seen your stand in a post before. Those are Hockey pucks on the levelers right?

I might come in late for your frame construction but Ill post this anyway.

I made myself a similar frame to bolt my 932 stand on. It is made of 4"x4"x 1/4" steel square tubing with four leveling mounts and four HD casters (2 swivel and 2 fixed)

I was short on space (and am so much more since then) so I wanted to put the mill in a corner yet have the ability to move it around for maintenance or to get more space around for a particular job.

What I do is lower the leveling mounts until wheels contact the ground and off we go! Put it back in the corner, level it and your back to normal business. I did make it a quick disconnect so dont forget about that if you ever put your frame on wheels.
I didnt cheap on those wheels, they are rated for 600lbs each.IMG_2214.JPG IMG_2215.JPG

Sorry for the sideway pics. No matter how i rotated them they always ended up this way here :dunno:

I might come in late for your frame construction but Ill post this anyway.

I made myself a similar frame to bolt my 932 stand on. It is made of 4"x4"x 1/4" steel square tubing with four leveling mounts and four HD casters (2 swivel and 2 fixed)

I was short on space (and am so much more since then) so I wanted to put the mill in a corner yet have the ability to move it around for maintenance or to get more space around for a particular job.

What I do is lower the leveling mounts until wheels contact the ground and off we go! Put it back in the corner, level it and your back to normal business. I did make it a quick disconnect so dont forget about that if you ever put your frame on wheels.
I didnt cheap on those wheels, they are rated for 600lbs each.View attachment 133063 View attachment 133064

Sorry for the sideway pics. No matter how i rotated them they always ended up this way here :dunno:

Mine too on the pics. No not to late I am waiting on some 4x4 tube I ask for 5/16 wall as I was not sure about how well 1/4 would hold up but it looks like it is working fine for you. Thanks for sharing as I look at what others hav done I get more ideas an better grip on what I need to do.

Back