Qctp Rack Sytem

F

Firestopper

Forum Guest
Register Today
Good morning to all!
I tried the search and came up empty. I'm thinking of machining an aluminum QCTP rack that I can mount to the end of a workbench located near the lathe. Anyone have any cool ideas and photos of said rack system?
With the many talented members,I'm sure there no need to reinvent the wheel.
Thank you in advance.

There was one a couple of months ago, a sheet of aluminum with flat angles riveted to it in columns, it looked like it could hold 3 or 4 dozen tool holders.

I tried the search and came up empty.
Coincidence: I searched for exactly that on Monday. My best luck was to google "quick change tool post rack".
There is not a lot, but some good ideas, including this forum, of course.

I keep my QCTP tool holders in a Rubber Made organizer tray in a drawer.

One handy thing I do is to keep them orientated to differentiate which ones clamp to the side or back of the tool post. The ones for the side of the QCTP are lined up on a front to back axis, and the back holders are lined up side to side with the dovetails in the proper orientation – side holders with dovetail facing right, and back holders dovetail facing toward me.

Thanks for the input gents. Some very good ideas, I appreciate It.
I'm hooked on HM.

I just whipped up a quicky from scraps around the place, this was set up for my KDK tool holder but put it on ebay and went with Aloris type AXA because the tool holders are far cheaper. Had to grind about 1/8in to have the AXA type fit the rack.20150905_100752.jpg

Back