QCTP interchangeability

rustdreamer

Registered
Registered
Are the wedge type or piston type tool holders interchangeable among providers? In other words are axa tooolholders the same from shars, pm, grizzly, or banggood? Buy a tool post at one and holders on sale at another?

I have an AXA wedge style tool post made by Phase II. I have AXA tool holders which I purchased from ENCO (at the time), Shars and CDCO. So far all have fitted my tool post. I am interested if there are some companies whose AXA tool holders do not fit. I have not purchased any tool holders from Bang Good or EBay.

Last edited:
I have a BXA wedge style from All Industrial Tools, piston style from Grizzly and CDCO. Tool holders from all three are interchangeable on my tool holders.

Bruce

p.s. I think 'jbolt' did a review of tool holders from a half-dozen vendors. Seems like it's size that matters; if the dovetail dimensions match they should be interchangeable.

I have a BXA wedge style from All Industrial Tools, piston style from Grizzly and CDCO. Tool holders from all three are interchangeable on my tool holders.

Bruce

p.s. I think 'jbolt' did a review of tool holders from a half-dozen vendors. Seems like it's size that matters; if the dovetail dimensions match they should be interchangeable.
It seems that they should be, all AXA should be interchangable with each other. Likewise all BXA should also be interchangable. But beware there is a completely different system around that is common in europe. Three brands that I know of are Algra from Italy. Bison from Poland, and Dickson From UK, I think. There are no doubt others. These are a completely different design and are NOT interchangable with AXA or BXA at any time. There is some argument that these european ones are superior, they are certainly more expensive, and appear to be more rigid. I have the Algra system which is in the AR-AP size, more or less the same size as BXA but not interchangable in any way.

Back