QCGB Tumbler/Handle Variations or ID?

G-ManBart

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
For background purposes, I have zero prior experience with SB lathes other than looking at a few.

When I picked up my newly purchased 10L it came with an extra pair of tumblers for the QCGB that are different than what I've seen pictured. They have bronze bushings and each has a raised boss on the inside opposite the gear. The tumblers on my lathe clearly don't have bronze inserts. Are these a different variation, vintage, for a different model, or maybe a set that was worn and someone repaired?

First up, the lathe since we all like lathe pictures! I've only given it a quick cleaning, but it seems tight with no obvious issues. The leather belt was dry and stretched to the point of slipping (out of adjustment travel) so I glued up a serpentine belt yesterday...glue recommends 24 hours of cure time. I've already fit a new QCTP...standard import Bostar.

IMG_3364.JPG

Here are the tumblers....I should have cleaned them before taking pics, but I just took them for reference purposes. They've got dried grease and excess paint, so I'm sure they've been used at some point. I didn't think to measure the bore in the bronze bushings, but will try to remember to do that tonight, along with measuring the gap between sides.

IMG_3368.JPGIMG_3367.JPGIMG_3369.JPG

The tumblers seem to have been modified. The originals didn't have bushings on the holes. They were just CI on steel.

Back