QC Gearbox on Craftsman 618??

Sackett

Registered
Registered
Did Atlas , or Craftsman ever offer a qc for the 618??? or someone do one, n plans available??? Just wondering,,would make a really nice add on

I have seen a home-built version somewhere, but don't ask me where. It was a while ago, and I can't recall on what forum or in what context I ran into it. About the only thing that sticks in my memory about it is that it seemed quite bulky.

As for a commercial or OEM version, I've not seen one. I'm no expert on the matter though.

-frank

Home Shop Machinist or the companion project magazine did a two or three part article on a DIYqcgb for the 618. I have seen back issues for sale on ebay.

Last edited:
The Atlas factory never offered a QCGB for the 618, 101.07301 or 101.21400. Nor for any of the MK2 variants.

PM sent, I have plans out of Modeltec July-Dec 1991 that had plans for one.

Hi Swarf,

I'm new here and have been taking in all the info, which is slightly overwhelming. Would you be willing to share those plans on the QCGB for the 618 to a newcomer?

Best,

Taki

Hi Cliff
I'd be interested in seeing those also if you don't mind.
TIA
Jeff

Hello Cliff. I have the feeling you opened a "pandora's" box with the copies of plans you have.
I am also requesting a set if you have time.
Of all the accessories and special tooling ATLAS made I do not understand why the QCGB was not offered as a option or add on.
Thanks

Back