Pulleys...

Calpoly93

Registered
Registered
I recently inherited an Atlas lathe 3996 from a relative, and I have been trying to get it running again. It was missing several parts, most of which I have been able to acquire. However, two pulleys in the cabinet have eluded me. Pulley 560-051 (pulley w/set screw) and 10-428 (motor pulley)

I don't know the sizes, and I haven't seen either of these online anywhere. I could have a friend make them.

Can anyone point me to the specs/drawings?
Or does anyone know where I could find them?
Thanks for your help,
Steve

Not finding a copy of the motor pully drawings in the library (Downloads button) I uploaded a copy from my archives to the Atlas Craftsman section. The file is currently awaiting moderator review, check back often to see if it gets approved and released.

Ebay seller Antfarm200 scrapped out a NOS Craftsman 12" lathe in recent months. Though the 560-051 is not currently listed in his Ebay store, he has other under-cabinet parts still available. You might send him an email and ask. It seems he is always flush with Atlas/Craftsman lathe parts.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm looking for specs for the Atlas lathe 10-428 motor pulley. Mondo, as noted above, was looking for a drawing or specs back some years ago.
Any updated information? The pulley that came with my lathe is just a single groove pulley. I'm not necessarily looking for the exact pulley, just one that's close to original. I'm sure I can get something from Mc Master Carr if I have the general size of the 2 diameters.
By the way, I thought there used to be a "wanted" section and a "for sale" section. Are they still around and if so, how do I find them?

Thanks,

Bill

Wanted and for sale stuff is at the very bottom of the forums section.

Also, I believe that there is an after-market drawing of the 10-428 in Downloads, which you should have access to. FWIW, the reason that a copy of the factory drawing is not in Downloads is that at least fairly recently Clausing Industrial still had that part available for sale. Price will be higher than for a Chinese almost copy, though.

Thanks for the info, guys! Much appreciated!

Back