pulley size

capt.ron

Active User
Registered
i have a hydraulic motor that turn 914 rpms with a 4 1nch pulley i want to change to a motor that turns 760 rpms what size pulley will i need to get the same rpms

i have a hydraulic motor that turn 914 rpms with a 4 1nch pulley i want to change to a motor that turns 760 rpms what size pulley will i need to get the same rpms

( 4 x 914) / 760 = 4.81

So you probably need to decide between 4-3/4 or 5"

4.8 inches

4.0 x pi x 914 = 11485 inches per minute

4.75 x pi x 760 = 11341 IPM

5.0 x pi x 760 = 11938 IPM

Last edited:
914 / 760=1.202

4 x 1.202 = 4.810, new pulley diameter

This is an approximation and assuming the current ratio is 1:1, based on the information provided.

It would be more accurate if you gave the current motor rpm, and both pulley sizes.

This is an approximation and assuming the current ratio is 1:1, based on the information provided.

It would be more accurate if you gave the current motor rpm, and both pulley sizes.

I'm confused!

He did give the current motor RPM = 914 and you used it for your calculation!

Assuming he keeps the same driven pulley size why would the driven pulley size make any difference?

I'm confused!

He did give the current motor RPM = 914 and you used it for your calculation!

Assuming he keeps the same driven pulley size why would the driven pulley size make any difference?

I stand corrected, I need to work on my reading comprehension. I read hydraulic motor as hydraulic pump, thinking that it was being driven by a motor. :nuts: So please disregard my idiocy.

thanks everyone it's not that that important that it be exact just close i am going with 5 inch

Save this photo. You all might need it some day...

Pulley Speeds and Diameters.jpg

Back