Pulled the Trigger on a PM 45 CNC...

Ray C

Registered
Registered
Well... I pulled the trigger today on a PM 45 CNC mill. Wheew, that was a long hard decision to jump into CNC. It's not advertised but, it's available with 4th axis and since I'll only go around once in life, I decided to give myself the ability to screw things up in every dimension.

This will be interesting...

Anyhow, I've had a couple jobs now where someone wanted quantities of 5 on a milled item -and I can't keep saying no. I have another situation lined up where someone needs quantities of 50 and 100. -Not a a real complicated part but, I have no desire to manually make more than 2 or 3 of anything...

Ray

Congratulations Ray. I look forward to hearing about your experiences with it.

Dave

Anyhow, I've had a couple jobs now where someone wanted quantities of 5 on a milled item -and I can't keep saying no. I have another situation lined up where someone needs quantities of 50 and 100. -Not a a real complicated part but, I have no desire to manually make more than 2 or 3 of anything...
Ray
Yeah CNC will whip off 50 or 100 in no time at all. Depending on the complexity of the part you can knock a bunch out in a day and 100 in just a few. Good luck and you know we gotta see the pics of your first production run in progress. Nothing like sitting back and watching a machine make money. I get a grin just thinking about it.

Bob

good news ray
if I can help you with anything just ask
steve

Thanks Guys... I don't even know when it will arrrive. I forgot to ask. Also, Matt just got several orders for them and I said he could bump me if needed. If all goes well though, I do believe the next shipment is coming in about a month. Soon, I'll have to start preparing the shop and getting the gantry out of storage.

Ray

I've finally cleared space for it and Matt will be working on it as soon as all the other orders are processed. I was in no hurry and actually needed time to prepare and get the delivery aligned with some time-off that I have coming up.

Ray

Have you received your machine?

Do you like it?

Where are the pictures?

--Bob

FYI: The PM 45 CNC machine will arrive tomorrow. The trucking company could have delivered it this morning but, I had an appointment with an accountant. Stay tuned... I will take pictures from cradle to grave. I will put pictures of the physical moving, platform build and basic setup in this thread.

Ray

We can probably pull the plug on this today... Got well over 12" of snow last night and right now, it's coming down pure ice. Don't hold your breath for delivery today.

Ray

Back