PSA

My sister-in-law has it, among other things, and it will eventually kill her. She's only 37.

Ive heard of it but never knew what it entailed as far as symptoms etc. is it immune system related?

Basically my immune system is stuck on high with the knob broke off. My white blood cells are attacking healthy cells.
lupus 6.jpg
There is more but that's the gist of it.
**G**

If that diagnostics came from your regular doctor, go find you a Rheumatologists to go to and get rechecked.

I was diagnosed with Lupus 10 years ago by my regular doctor. A family member had me go for a second opinion at another doctor. That doctor sent me to a Rheumatologist. That doctor ran a few test and determined I did not have Lupus, that it was form of Rheumatoid Auritus. It's a autoimmune disease that affects your blood cells and causes the white blood cells to over produce. In the white blood cell group there are basically two different types of C blood cells, a type A and a type B. The type B is the one that is causing the white blood cells to get out of wack. They do have medicines that are given intravenously by infusions. It took about two years to get my system back running correctly. But the meds I've been on all these years since this started are starting to get too costly for me to stay on. Not sure what to do next.
But I would get another opinion for another doctor for sure.

Lupus is the worse form of the autoimmune diseases out there that I'm aware of. Auritus and the different types of, only a few are autoimmune diseas related, like Rheumatoid type as I have. It started out in me attacking different joints, bones, and especially any broken bone/joint that didn't heal correctly first.

A fellow that I used to work with and was a good friend had a daughter that was diagnosed with Lupus at age 17. She passed away at age 32. Her father started drinking heavily, turned into a complete jerk and we more or less went our separate ways. I recently saw him at his brother's funeral and he hasn't changed a bit. Bitter, angry, and just a miserable old man. Lupus took two lives in that family if you ask me.

I wouldn't wish Lupus on anyone, and my heart goes out to ALL of those affected by it.

Back