[How do I?] Programme A Huanyang Converter Mono/tri 220/380v 5.5kw

Jerry C W

Registered
Registered
I run my swimming pool heater from a 5.5KW Huanyang 3 phase converter. ( The manual is next to useless). Unfortunately due to a prolonged power outage I believe the settings have been lost. It was installed by an electrician who is no longer in the area.

Question 1 - Is it possible that I have lost the originally set parameters as a result of the power outage?
If yes then
Question 2- how do I restore the parameters?
The pool heater spec is as follows:-
Heating capacity 24.3KW
Rated Power in 5.08KW
COP 4.3
Power supply 400v/3ph/50Hz
Rated Current in 8.8A
Max Current in 16A

I have no idea what I need to set and how to do it. Can someone help and provide me with a step by step idiots guide please!!!

The vfd should keep its settings with the power switched off, their might be a memory backup battery in them but i'm not sure on that, others may know better.

Stuart

No backup battery, settings should be maintained with the power off indefinitely. Power surges/sags could damage the electronics. The application it is being used is not typical, I am assuming this is some form of heat pump, so the parameters and how it is interfaced is system specific. Programming is not the issue, knowing what it is doing and how to program is. I am assuming it is being used in a fixed frequency 3 phase converter in a V/Hz configuration.

As @mksj says, the memory should not be lost due to a power outage. I suspect the VFD is damaged.

I think in order to help you, that we will need more information. In this case it might be best to find a local electrician that has experience with VFDs. The Huanyang manual is horrible at best, and the parameters are scattered all over the place. No logical order to them.

In general you have to set:
Input voltage
Output voltage
Output current
Base Hz
Base Motor RPM
Output Hz
Motor Poles (Huanyang is the only VFD I have seen this parameter in)
Acceleration time
Deceleration time
Stopping method ( proabaly coast to stop in this application)
Control Mode (proabaly a contact closure from the thermostat)
and I am proabaly missing something.

I hope this is some help.

Back