Precision Mathews Order Changed

I think you made the correct decision, I could never use a bench mill after spending time on a knee. My next knee will probably get a riser as I want even more height in the gap between the table and the spindle. You will not miss that 8" of depth, especially if you can corner mount it.

I think you made the correct decision, I could never use a bench mill after spending time on a knee. My next knee will probably get a riser as I want even more height in the gap between the table and the spindle. You will not miss that 8" of depth, especially if you can corner mount it.

I won't be able to put it in a corner, it will be across from my lathe which will be against the wall but I should be able to split the difference between getting it a little closer to the lathe and crowd a motorcycle lift which will be behind it. It will also maybe a little easier to clean around where it won't be against a wall.

I was worried about the benchtop mill after working with a BP clone at work. I thought I had found the perfect compromise when I ran across the 932 but my gut kept telling me to find a small knee mill.

Mike.

Congrats Mike, I knew this would be the choice you make & a great one!

Congrats Mike, I knew this would be the choice you make & a great one!

Thanks Will. Nothing against the 932 at all as there are probable thousands of them out there being used and doing well. I mainly looked at it because it had the features that I wanted and it fit my budget and my space limitations. However, after speaking to Matt and realizing that this 2/3 size machine will only require about 8" more space depth wise, I figured I could make that happen.

My wife told me I couldn't take any more money out of savings than we originally had agreed on and if I wanted to spend more on equipment then I would have to make up the difference. Matt made me a fair deal but it was still several thousand dollars difference.

I sold some Jeep parts from when I built my Jeep a few years ago over the weekend, sold a few Harley parts that had been sitting on my shelf for a bit and I have a few welding jobs coming in the shop this week. I will just have to get a few more jobs in and I am set.

Now I just want both the 1340GT and the 935TV in my shop so I can play with them a bit before I start bringing in paying jobs.

Mike.

Now I just want both the 1340GT and the 935TV in my shop so I can play with them a bit before I start bringing in paying jobs.

Mike.

You mean I could actually make money with this stuff???:thinking:

You mean I could actually make money with this stuff???:thinking:

Sure can and that's the plan, gotta justify it somehow. I made a lot with my little Smithy 3in1 over the past 15+ years and plant to make even more now that my capabilities have increased with these machines.

Mike.

Awesome! Are you still expecting a May delivery?

Dave

I spoke to Matt this afternoon and it sounds like my 1340GT lathe should be here within the next one to two weeks and the next shipment of 935 mills will follow by about another week or two. Matt said I am one of the first on the next shipment of 935's so when they come in he will get it prepped and ready for delivery. I am hoping end of May or mid-June at the latest.

Mike.

Back