power feed

john mullen

Active User
Registered
I'm now looking for a power feed x axis for my milling machine . I see there are all kinds of them to chose from. so what are the ins and outs of selecting the right one ?????its foe a low use machine but I'm tired of cranking and want a better feed pattern on my work. ??????..John

What model machine? There are lots of power feeds available for Bridgeports,less for other mills.

What model machine? There are lots of power feeds available for Bridgeports,less for other mills.
George,
My mill is made by Central machine co. model 40936 vertical bench and sold through Harbor Freight. it is a heavy duty unit.it has 5/8 screws with a 1/8 keyway. I have a friend that has the same machine and it has a power feed made by ASONG, model AS-250 but I never heard of them and he has been living in St Lewis for the past 5 years and his garage is hear in Toano. He purchased it just before leaving and has not used it yet and doesn't know how well it works. Anyway thanks for the reply. John Mullen

I'm now looking for a power feed x axis for my milling machine . I see there are all kinds of them to chose from. so what are the ins and outs of selecting the right one ?????its foe a low use machine but I'm tired of cranking and want a better feed pattern on my work. ??????..John

john---call these people--u want to speak to ''leon''. these people are ''servo'' power feed dealers and they can supply u with a good used powerfeed. i bought 3 of them myself. just sorry i cannot see a pic of ur mill. we are not sure just what u are powerfeeding??? we like pictures--a lot. here is the link

http://www.machinebuildne.com/---good luck re steve in mt.

Back