Power Feed for Craftex CX-601 Mill

joehatz

Registered
Registered
Will the item pictured fit the above mill or does any one know of a power feed that does.

Screen Shot 2013-01-12 at 11.13.01 PM.png IMG_6941.JPG

Should work. Give them a call. I have that unit on a HF mill. That one looks like it mounts on the right side mine mounts on the left. I'm right handed so I prefer to manually crank from the right. I didn't buy mine from Shars.

It will more than likely work. The thing you need to look at is if the "sprocket" hole ID will match the shaft on your mill. Remove the handle and measure it.
It's no big deal to open it up or make a sleeve if it doesn't mount right up.

It will more than likely work. The thing you need to look at is if the "sprocket" hole ID will match the shaft on your mill. Remove the handle and measure it.
It's no big deal to open it up or make a sleeve if it doesn't mount right up.

Those power feed hubs/connectors are a 17mm inside diameter. Just to make checking easy.

Those power feed hubs/connectors are a 17mm inside diameter. Just to make checking easy.

I have a 30 year old Taiwanese mill/drill and just checked the shaft size and it's 17mm so it looks like it will fit on mine.

That one looks like it mounts on the right side mine mounts on the left. I'm right handed so I prefer to manually crank from the right. I didn't buy mine from Shars.

The one pictured would mount on the left & not the right. If it was mounted on the right, all the controls would be on the backside.

Mine is made by ALSGS, I didn't get it from Shars but it came from Shars since it had their labels on it. It looks a bit different from the picture posted but it's essentially the same.

Img_3394.jpg

Besides the shaft diameter, you would have to confirm if the drive gear has the same type of spline drive. It has a set screw & I suppose you could just rely on that if it isn't the same. This only pic I have showing the gear & drive pattern which is the same as my wheel handles. I think all RF clones use this type, not sure about other imports.

Img_6114.jpg

Img_3394.jpg

Img_6114.jpg

I ended up getting one from Enco (X-AXIS 1 27IN/MIN SPD MILL/DRILL POWER FEED ) for $278.33 including shipping.
With just a few minor mods it fitted on very easily. Had to make a spacer between the end of the table and the mounting bracket.
Also had to make an extended bushing for my cross feed shaft to fit the drive gear. Other than that was very straight forward.

IMG_7243.JPG IMG_7248.JPG IMG_7249.JPG IMG_7258.JPG

Back