Power Drive For Bridgeport 1

eazrider

Registered
Registered
I'm looking to pick up an X axis power drive for my Bridgeport. How the old one was accidentally wired to 220 volts and burned up the controller card will NOT be discussed..! :) I had a Servo model 100, and am looking for a replacement comparable to a Servo 140-150. What is the quality of the units on the market today? I see pricing from 350$ all the way up to 900$ or so. I'm a hobbyist, and don't need something that will last for the next 30 years, just be reasonable quality at a reasonable price. Prefer a used Servo, but would entertain an Asian knock-off..

I'm looking to pick up an X axis power drive for my Bridgeport. How the old one was accidentally wired to 220 volts and burned up the controller card will NOT be discussed..! :) I had a Servo model 100, and am looking for a replacement comparable to a Servo 140-150. What is the quality of the units on the market today? I see pricing from 350$ all the way up to 900$ or so. I'm a hobbyist, and don't need something that will last for the next 30 years, just be reasonable quality at a reasonable price. Prefer a used Servo, but would entertain an Asian knock-off..

i jumped the same hurdle a few years ago. ''don't need a unit that will last forever''- -i said the same thing. here is a link to a company that rebuilds b. p. mills . http://www.machinebuildne.com/ they are also a servo-drive dealer. they will have used servo drives
that will work just fine---bought 3 of them myself. great people to work with. hope this helps you out. re ''steve in mt.''

I've been using Servo's import line (Dynamo) on my Series 1. X and knee.
Never a glitch. They just work. The main difference that I see is that the rapid isn't as "Rapid" as the actual Servo. Not slow by any means. Just slower. Installation was painless and everything fit perfectly. I'm 1 ½ years into them and quite satisfied.

Link here

http://servoproductsco.com/html/dynamo_power_feed.html

Back