POTD- PROJECT OF THE DAY: What Did You Make In Your Shop Today?

Starting to feel like spending more time in the shop so...
Back to work on the Clausing with my favorite task, slathering paint, and prep work for slathering paint.
Saddle and gearbox selector plate get a finely applied coating of primer.

IMG_7951.jpeg
Headstock will get a little sanding to help it along. Got the plates off without much drama, followed by a scotch brite and isopropyl scrub to remove the old gray spray paint from a prior spruce it up attempt.
Getting close to putting a fork into this part of the " refurb". Have a couple more parts to prep and paint then it good by for me and the paint brushes!
IMG_7965.jpeg
If nothing else it will be color correct when finished :grin:

Last few weeks i've been clearing out a spare room to turn it in a gym. I've devoted my time to go 3 days in a proper gym and 2-3 days clearing out this room. Every day i've been taking out 2-3 big trash bag to the dump on my way to work. Progress is slow but i managed to clear out an entire side to corner where i haven't been in few years. Next task is to move all those parts from that shelf and continue to the next wall. I also have a bunch of old windows to move and a bunch of old computer CRT monitors to get rid of. Little by little i'm getting thru it.
IMG_20240116_195428.jpgIMG_20240117_114106.jpgIMG_20240117_155941.jpg

Back