Possibly Need Help on Thursday

ddickey

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
There is an auction tomorrow of all the old tool and die room equipment from the Thermo King plant.
I have to go back to work on Thursday and that is the pickup day. An alternate day is next Tuesday but I'm working DT on that day. No rigging should be required but I was planning on bidding on a Equipto cabinet. If anyone else is going could you pick up a few things? I could pay you something for your help.

I use to visit the plant on a yearly basis, now it does not manufacture anything really and houses our test facilities plus parts distribution. I use to love to see all the making in progress on those visits. Hope your successful.

They still have a small machine shop and the place is quite big. They only run one shift now. It makes me sick to see those once great places to work just dying a slow death.

My grandfather and one of my uncles worked there. My grandfather was working there as a machinist when he passed away suddenly from a heart attack back in 1978. I eventually inherited his Kennedy toolbox. There were a few minor items in there that were engraved "TK" like a General brand protractor and a couple of SK wrenches.

Sadly, I will not be attending the auction, nor will I be able to help you on one of the pickup days.

That's okay. I talked to a friend up in Coon Rapids and he will pick anything I win up.

Back