Possible To Convert Metric Mitutoyo Height Gauge To Imperial?

Techie1961

Registered
Registered
I got a great deal on four Mitutoyo height gauges and jumped at them a bit too quickly. I assumed (I know what assuming can do) that if they were electronic, they could easily be switched from metric to imperial at the touch of a button. Unfortunately, they cannot. So, is it possible to convert the leftmost one and second from the right one with a new board or parts from Mitutoyo? I suspect that for some of them at least, they use the same basic parts.
23096058694_fa8c9bf7a0_c.jpg

Have you contacted Mitutoyo?
Not yet as I figured they would be shut down for the holidays. Come next week, I will give them a shout. I kind of expect a response where they say "I need a part number and model" and then "that's a metric height gauge" and then silence. :)

I usually buy my stuff when I find good stuff at a good price.I either work in the scale the instruments have or just keep a calculator handy to convert if needed.

Mitutoyo does not provide parts for most of the older height gages, if they are too old. I have a older Mitutoyo height gage with the dial face that needs replacing, no parts available. Same goes with their electronic stuff, too. But it's worth a try.

If they are eaqual in quality just get the one you like based on price an convert the numbers.

The LA warehouse has more stock, especially older than does Aurora - supposedly.
But as Ken said, they never seem to have what you need if it is older...

Both of the Mitutoyos should swing both ways with a push of a button. Can you take a photo of the two of them close upon the buttons? If by some fluke they have non-standard boards I might be able to locate ones that do both.

Back