PM940 CNC Delta VFD Parameters

fritts

Registered
Registered
Been searching and reviewing the Delta VFD manual on the PM940 CNC but I still can't find the frequency parameter for the voltage inputs. Anyone help point me in the direction of the 0-10 volt frequency change parameter numbers used on the PM940 CNC.

Thanks

So I found it. On the Delta's under 01 00 parameter is the span of the frequency. I had been changing 01 01 which is for the volt/freq curve based on my understanding. I have 2-200 hz motor but she really does not like to run at 200 hz. Originally was set to 155 I up to 175 and seems to run ok there about 3450 rpm at that setting.

You're correct the V/F is actually the control method it is using to control the motor. It sounds like you have a VFD rated motor since it can run at 200hz (same as my stock 940cnc motor I would assume). That also means that is probably better to run it in sensorless vector mode. I noticed a significant difference in torque when I switched from V/F to sensorless vector on my 940CNC. I don't have the manual with me so I can't tell you what parameters to change.

Also, they may set the max freq based on max RPM that the spindle bearings can actually handle. I've changed over to AC bearings, and run mine at 6k RPM with out issue.

Back