Pm935tv Received!

All in all a good day in terms of getting her cleaned up and staged. She is shiny, greased up and ready to plug in. She may even land in her final spot in a day or two.
I'm not sure what you greased up but most of it gets oiled , not grease .

Anyway, Very Nice looking shop there, I like those wide french doors for width and letting natural light in too. Looks like you're coming along well with the machine !
This guy on ebay sells a gallon of Mobil Vactra plus quart of spindle oil , decent price shipped .

http://r.ebay.com/wmFduq

Figure of speech, I use Mobil Vactra 2 for ways - got 3/4 of a gallon. Also got plenty of spindle oil.

I saw that McMaster Carr sells it all for a decent price and shipping isn't too bad for me since they ship from Georgia. Going to be a while before I need any though.

Another good day - got it moved to its corner in the shop. Even gave it the power test & it passed! Now to get the DRO hooked up, get it leveled and trammed, and then add the vise.
landed in its spot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, she is in her working position for the next few months anyway. Glacern 5" vise in place, knobs replaced, quill lock replaced, table protectors in place, and LED work light stolen from another of my tools in place. She is level, stable, trammed, and runs smooth as glass. We have tested her on a couple of small items and she is definitely ready to do what she was meant for. Glad to have her installed and I am moving on now to finish the lathe install in between other commitments.

I didn't like the shiny, hard knobs so I replaced them with some rubberized ones from McMaster. Here is a side by side of the quill feed lever knob.
new ball knobs.jpg

New knobs and quill lock handle in place.
new knobs.jpg

She is living in her corner ready to work as needed. A mobile stand may be in her future but that can wait a bit.
She is finished II.jpg

Looks fantastic. I'm very curious about your 5" vise. Do you use 6" parallels with a 5" vice? Do they ever get in the way? I bought a D688 for mine and will snap some pics once it's installed. It will definitely be large but won't use up any truly needed real estate so I'm not worried. Still if a 5" model would be convenient.

Thanks, I have 5 inch parallels. I found a couple of suppliers. Bought mine from Tormach.

Back