PM935 Single Phase Wiring Help?

Ken226

Registered
Registered
A couple years ago I upgraded my single phase PM935ts to a 3phase motor with a VFD.

The single phase motor and drum switch sat in a box for a couple years untill a buddy of mine bought a used Grizzly mill with a burned up motor.
As luck would have it, the single phase Jinshin 3hp that came off of my PM935 fits perfectly on his newly acquired Grizzly mill, but I can't remember which color wires connected to which terminals. Also, PMs manuals seem to be completely devoid of any wiring diagrams.

Does anyone know which wires/colors connect to which terminals at the motor, drum switch and power cord?

If anyone who has worked on theirs recently happens to have pics of the motor and drum switch connections, or anything like a wiring diagram, I would greatly appreciate it.

Need to see some pictures of the hardware- motor terminal block and drum switch type
also, what voltage is he planning on running it on?- 220 volts highly recommended if possible

Wiring diagram is generally on the motor. Mike

Yea, he will be running in using 240 volts. Unfortunately, there is no wiring diagram on the motor.

There are only three wires from the fw/rev switch to the motor. It's a simple, common three position drum switch. Fw/off/rev, with the bright yellow cover.

I just can't remember which terminals on the motor that the three wires from the switch connect to. I'll get him to text me a pic of the motors terminal block later, after work.

The switch, cable and motor are all stock parts from my pm935TS.

Yes 3 wires from drum switch to motor would make sense for 240 volts, and the motor needs to be configured properly
I can advise you better if I can see the hardware up close
Drum switches come in different styles

Without specifics, I can only point you to the general answer:
main.png

That pictorial might not match the motor in question--dual-voltage motors (most are) have 3 windings internally: 1 start and 2 run; the run windings
can be configured for either parallel for 120 volts or series for 240 volts
Usually it goes:
Run A= U1,U2
Run B= V1,V2
Start leg= Z1,Z2 (start leg representing the start winding, start cap(s), and internal start switch)

For the 240 volt reversing case you would strap U2,V1, and a Z together, then U1, V2, and the other Z would go to the drum switch
(3 wires total from motor to switch, plus ground makes 4)

Last edited:
Back