pm932m owners

U

umahunter

Forum Guest
Register Today
Im strongly considering this mill over the grizzly version the dro is nice but mosly because the head tilts to 90 both directions those who of you that have them how do you like them how are they to tram after tilting the head how does the head tilt work is there a fine adjustment or do you just move head and tighten and tap into place ??? Also has anyone got one and added the pdf later ??? I've never done any boring and wonder if it's worth the 300 bucks extra ???

I have only done power feed boring on the lathe. All my boring on the mill has been hand fed. It takes care, practice, and luck to keep a smooth and even down feed going by hand, but that is mostly a surface finish issue unless it is grossly imperfect and the work is really fussy. About all the holes I have ever bored have something in them, so the surface finish is not on display anyway. I like to feel the tool in the work by using the hand wheels and quill, and so far I rarely use the power X feed I added to my mill except to rapidly position the cutter for the start of the cut.

Back