Pm932m Lubrication Questions

barnstormer

Registered
Registered
Howdy

I have my PM932M in place in a machine shed in rural Iowa. (Greening up nicely out here after some good rains).

Trying to line up lubricants - planning to use:

Mobil Velocite # 10 medium spindle oil

Mobil Vactra 2 way oil on the horizontal ways

Mobil Vactra 4 way oil on the vertical ways

Mobile DTE heavy/medium hydraulic oil in the gearhead

Mobil 102508 Gear Oil SAE Grade 80W-90 for all lead screws and the internal spline on the drawbar

Looking for feedback on the above and for advice on SPECIFIC products to lubricate the following:

Oil cups/BB valves , and…

Grease for the internal quill spline at the back of the spindle

Offering up a setup pic of the 932 machine- mainly to feature my makeshift manual hoist gantry (reminiscent of a massive playset I made for my daughter years ago in San Antonio… how time flies). (The gantry looks temporary and is - need the lumber for other purposes).

Also plan to follow good forum advice and substitute a stopcock and hose for the bottom drain plug on the gearhead. But first I'm going to try to flush casting sand and machining debris out of the gearhead. I'm going to keep the unit vertical and use the bottom drain plug. I'm going to use the existing gear oil - running it through several times (and filtering it through an old shop rag each time). And then I will replace the OEM fluid with the Mobil DTE hydraulic oil. Comments?

I have enjoyed the back and forth in the forums and will have a few more questions about electrical hookups in a couple of days.

tom
setting up mill.jpg

Back