Pm932-pdf Problems

Hi everyone, my name is Rick. I introduced myself a few months ago when I joined but this is my first post.

I just received my new PM932-PDF mill and I have a couple problems.

First, I can't get my R8 collets to fit, the Chinese pos ones that came with it fit but mine don't. I can't seem to find a drawing of the keyway slot anywhere, I want to check that first to see if my collets are too small or if the pin in the spindle is too big.

Second, I can't get the FINE FEED function to work. I tried following the chinglish directions that came with it but all it does is spin freely, I can't get it to engage so I can feed a thou at a time.

Before I call Matt or tear the gearbox apart I was hoping for some insight from you guys.

THANKS and now that I have my mill I won't be a stranger!!!

Rick: There is a new manual, in English, which should answer any questions you might have on this mill, including a full discussion on the gearbox. Email me at rmxv@verizon.net and I will send you a pdf.
Richard Rex

Guys, I have a manual for that machine, it is attached here.

But yeah all you have to do it back that pin out, I do recommend to remove it completely though, I have had face mills and things spin in R8 tapers before in various machines, and that is no fun, I assure you that. That pin is not a key to hold it from spinning, the taper does that.
Guys, I have a manual for that machine, it is attached here.

But yeah all you have to do it back that pin out, I do recommend to remove it completely though, I have had face mills and things spin in R8 tapers before in various machines, and that is no fun, I assure you that. That pin is not a key to hold it from spinning, the taper does that.

I appreciate that Matt but my machine has a different power down feed handle and gearbox than that one, everything else is pretty much the same though.
I also don't have a depth stop like the one in the manual, all the mounting holes are there but they didn't include it.

Not trying to dredge up an old thread but many people seem to have had the same issue with the alignment pin that i am...i did get the set screw out but i can not get to the pin itself...the hole is too far up to fit a flat head drive...please help me guys!!!
20171123_204326.jpg

It looks like it's in a little too far, can you get a pair of needle nose on it from the inside and try and twist it out a little so a screwdriver will work?

I got it last night...had to use an eyeglass screwdriver to get to it but its good now...also found out my drawbar is bowed a little...fixed that for the most part as well

Back