PM932-PDF Arrival And Questions

Pins were removed, last year.

Did not "seal locating pins" my enco mill.

A hole through the column, near bottom, matches pin hole.

So, made a long pin, that locks column, arbor, so broaching is easy with mill.

Just be careful not to turn motor on.

Charl

Ryan,

I've been keeping my eyes open for a nicely ground precision bearing race. Unfortunately, anything local is covered in rust... Oh well, the search continues!

I believe I got mine off ebay for $8 or some such price. Just a plain, old Timken race of some random size will do.

I purchased this shim stock assortment a couple of yrs ago.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00065UXD8/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Price has gone up a bit since then but that's Amazon, prices go up & down often. I haven't needed to use it yet but at least it's there when i need to. I'm sure many other suppliers carry the same or similar assortment packs.

Uh-oh...I do love Amazon! Looks like those are going to have to be here in two days! Thanks for pointing that out for me. I'll be nice to have those around even if I do only use a tiny bit right away.

I believe I got mine off ebay for $8 or some such price. Just a plain, old Timken race of some random size will do.

I didn't realize that they were so cheap. So they are ground accurate enough to use as a tramming platform?

I didn't realize that they were so cheap. So they are ground accurate enough to use as a tramming platform?

I was taught this method by a guy that used to make stuff for the defense industry, so it's probably going to be completely suitable for your needs if not a resounding 'yes.' This is my race (no bearings, just the race.) You can see the adjustable Indicol-style holder off to the side.

11004949156_e780890bcd_b.jpg

I just like the needle holding relatively steady while sweeping instead of dropping off in each slot, so I do it this way.

11004949156_e780890bcd_b.jpg

That bearing race sure looks like a nice trick to prevent the dti from hitting the slots . I will look into finding one tomorrow! Thanks for the tip.

Back