PM932 PDF, and PM1236 help request

I have a new PM 1236PEP and PM 932PDF.
After setting up and using a bit I realize I have 2 problems.

First on the mill. My power down feed easily slips out of gear. Meaning when I pull the lever 'out' and engage the pdf unless I hold it it will slip back 'in' which is bad as you can imagine.
I thought I read another post mentioning this problem but couldn't find it searching.
Is a cause/fix known for this?

Second on the lathe.
My carriage leaks. I can't quite realize where it's coming from but I wake up to a small puddle everyday. It isn't overfilled. I emailed tech support providing a few pics but was told they couldn't help.
Anything known about this or how to fix?

I thank anyone reading and taking the time to help me.
I haven’t posted much since I joined and at all recently but I have the same PDF issue on my 932. The engagement is very sloppy and prone to popping out. I’m living with it and have accepted it as a quirk/limitation of this machine. However, I would also be curious if there is a fix.

The carriage on my PM-1130v leaks as well. I found my leak to be coming from the drain plug. Someone at the factory already tried to fix it with Teflon tape. Didn’t work. Draining and refilling is a pain so I’ll wait until the oil change to address it. Maybe I can add a petcock and just hook up a drain hose when needed? I just keep a roll of shop towels handy for cleaning up the morning puddle.

At least you found it, maybe you can clean things very well when the time comes, and use the black liquid thread sealer, and let it cure before putting oil back in.

At least you found it, maybe you can clean things very well when the time comes, and use the black liquid thread sealer, and let it cure before putting oil back in.
Was going to say the same, at least you know what it is and the magnitude of fixing it is not huge.

I like the petcock idea, one worth a tube that drains right bro the bucket...

When I get the time I'm going to dig into the previous PDF threads, I could've sworn I read something where someone found the problem and need to bore or thread something just a bit to fix it...

Back