PM728-VT power X feed and/or Z lift options

bcrosby

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I have a PM728-VT mill on order (maybe late April or early May delivery). I'm beginning to look at upgrade options. Does anyone know of an X feed or Z lift option out there? I don't mind getting creative if that's what it takes! Any insight would be appreciated . . .

OOPS

Last edited:
I think he is looking for axis drives. Probably best to check with QMT, but they do have a, X-axis drive that is listed for a range of mills from the PM25-30.

Do not know about the Z drive, but there are a number of options that you can make. A number of people have made their own typically using a gear motor (suggest 1/8-1/6 Hp, max. 70-140 RPM) and either a belt drive or direct drive. I put a X and Z on my last mill using Bodine gear motors so was able to do direct drives from the output shaft. I went with 3 phase with VFD's others use DC drives, some people have used wiper motors. On the Z drive, I just used a centering toggle momentary switch for up down with a speed pot. On the X drive I used a joystick with speed pot and high speed transit buttons. All drives had travel limit stops for safety reasons. A few examples from others below:

Very helpful! Thank you. That gives me some avenues to explore.

X drive is all figured out, we are just waiting on them to come in. Complete bolt on with no drilling, couple minutes install, price will be $299 Also www.priesttools.com working on a Z lift drive as an option to be available soon.

Great to know . . . thanks!

Has this thread closed? I bought a PM-728VT Mill this year and had PM include the power X axis drive. This weekend I installed a PM-728VT Power Lift from Priest Tools. They said it would take one to two hours. I took a little over five hours. I could share the experience if the information is still needed? Terry - W6LMJ

Back