Pm727 Quill Dro Issues

Buggy Chief

Registered
Registered
I am having some issues with my factory quill dro. It seems to slip when in micro adjustment, even with backlash, I can set to zero and set the hand dial to zero...back off about fifty thousands and go back to zero on hand dial....the dro will read way off, like -.030. All of the backlash out and advance the hand wheel some more and the dro will start catching up but still way off. put the Dial indicator on it and hand wheel seems to be somewhat accurate, but DRO is not even in the same stratosphere.

Any adjustment I can make to get it to work appropriate? TIA

I ended up checking the screws that mount the dro that you can see and they were completely loose. I then checked the set screw on hand wheel and it too was loose. Re-checked everything with the indicator and the DRO is now performing appropriately. Thanks to 3dshooter for his help!!!

Glad you got it worked out. If you need to take the cover off to check that mount, you might want to review my video on replacing my Z dro. There's double set screws in each knob & there's a ball bearing & spring behind each one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info. Just watched and some really good tips for the ball bearings!! I think I will open up and make sure screws are tight and use loctite .

Last edited:
Back