PM727 Collets don't fit

thequietman

Registered
Registered
I have finally fired up my new mill and immediately run into an issue.
When I ordered the mill, I got a starter package with collet set. I assumed that the Collets should fit the mill. However, none of the collets seat deep enough to engage the drawbar. I know there is a keyway cut into the collet body, but it doesn't seem to be large enough for the key. The drill chuck that came with the mill goes in just fine all the way, but the collets will not.
Am I missing something? Is there some kind of the adjustment to make it work?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Had the same issue too. Easy fix, Lower the quill a bit and there is a slot that if the spindle is turned you can adjust the set screw. Actually I think its in the manual also.

Thanks tweinke. Figured it out as well. I think you're right about it being in the manual. I was just too lazy to go from the basement to the second floor to read the manual. So instead I spent 30 minutes playing with the machine. :( but that is the best way to learn anyway.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Or better yet, take that stupid set screw/pin out & never have to worry about it again.

Actually I think its in the manual also.

As I say, "When all else fails, read the manual."

I was just too lazy to go from the basement to the second floor to read the manual.

Ha! I have the same setup. My little home office is on the second floor as well. One of my shelves has small divided sections. I keep my manuals there in manila folders. Otherwise I'd probably never look at them.

Say I have a almost on topic question, does the nice manual in normal English come with the mill now? When I got mine a year ago you still had to download the good one.

I don't know. I got mine probably around same time you did. Almost a year ago.

Was just wondering, I downloaded the manual before my 727 arrived and was pretty happy with it, figured I would see if the chinglish manual was replaced by the new one.

Back