PM712G reviews

Batmanacw

Registered
Registered
I did a search and came up with very little about longer term performance with the PM712G bandsaw. I like the quick change speed gearbox and the quick acting vise.

It's a couple hundred less than the Jet which is also listed as made in Taiwan. The jet has a smaller motor and nicer features.

The Chinese made Kaka is only $400 less shipped.

I'll save some of you some time. Can't afford an Ellis so save your breath. I don't need a mitering saw. I just want to know about the Precision Matthew's.

Last edited:
Well, here is my review.

This piece of 12L14 is within 0.0015" all the way around.

20231014_195210.jpg

So far the quality is excellent. It was set up flawlessly from the factory.

The hydraulic feed is near perfect but definitely moves the smoothest while in the cut. I'm using around 4 on the dial most of the time. I have to remind myself I don't need to lift the saw to vertical to work with the parts. That causes uneeded fiddling with the hydraulic flow to drop the blade back down to the work.

The coolant pump works great. Extremely high flow isn't needed to see the blade carry coolant all the way through the cut so very little mess. I had to play with the hose routing to get it to drain completely after it turns off.

My only complaint is that the pan is flat. It doesn't flow the reclaimed coolant to the center hole. Mine might be a tiny bit higher in the middle. Annoying but not a huge deal.

The saw is extremely impressive so far.

I needed a couple of 3" long pieces of 1.5" diameter 12L14. I sawed them pretty much right on. It only took about 0.005" to clean up the first side. The accuracy will save me a bunch of time cutting things oversized.

I think you will end up moving stock to the bandsaw for cutoff as opposed to parting. A lot less eventful and you can save quite a bit of stock when doing multiple pieces. I couldn't imagine cutting up any larger metal stock without some form of power cutoff saw, in particular with arthritic hands.

Back