PM25MV micro adjustment knob (shaft)

greglwood

Registered
Registered

Can you tell me how to remove the micro adjustment shaft from the head? I can't find a way to release it. I assume it pulls out the front but I've have not had the head off the slider.​

Greg​

Can you tell me how to remove the micro adjustment shaft from the head? I can't find a way to release it. I assume it pulls out the front but I've have not had the head off the slider.​

Greg​

Let’s see a picture of it, please.

I don’t know what you mean by “slider”.

From the parts sheet it appears that there is a pin installed from the right side of the head casting that aligns with a groove in the fine feed shaft. You would have to remove the pin and the shaft would screw off the worm gear and then would come straight out the front of the head casting. Pin is item 30 in the parts sheet.
4BD3F1D0-6E9C-4584-A8D8-302D4085CF41.png

Let’s see a picture of it, please.

I don’t know what you mean by “slider”.

Pic enclosed. I did however figure this out. It's simply a roll pin. I could have just used a hex screwdriver and hammered it thru but did not know that was it was and if it would go both direction. So I eventually put a machine screw in the inside hole along with a socket as a spacer on the outside to allow anything to come out and used a clamp to provide pressure. I was just able to give up as I was putting a lot of force on with the c-clamp when it popped and came out. It must have had some loctite on it.

IMG_4527.jpeg

Back