PM1340GT - catching oil and chips

I also use a baking sheet for my lathe, but I would think a plastic tray made for a dog's crate
would work too and you could probably get a single tray that would fit better. Here is one
that is around 30" x 18". The downside is that it is plastic. Not sure how well that would
hold up.

https://www.amazon.com/Precision-Pet-ProValu-Great-Replacement/dp/B004UMKY4Q/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1492190034&sr=8-3&keywords=dog+crate+tray&th=1
The maximum width that you can use on the PM1340GT is 15 1/2". So that is why the pan in the photo that kicked this thread off is a good choice for this lathe. It is also shallow enough to fit under the low bed height at the headstock end.

I found some little plastic(?) pan that fits right under my QC and prevents a mess. I'd not thought about putting a pan under the lathe bed itself. May have to give that some thought... :)
Bill, do you remember where you got the little plastic pan?

Bill, do you remember where you got the little plastic pan?

Our local Ace Hardware IIRC. Was wandering through the kitchen stuff section (wife's favorite part), and saw this little pan and said hmmm...

I use boot tray from $ store on my heavy 10 that's a good use for Chinese crap

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I found a porcelain sushi tray that fits perfectly under the QC gear box on the pm1340gt to catch the oil drips. Easy to wipe out with a paper towel. I tried a bread pan at first but it was too high and not enough room for the levers to operate without moving it out of the way.
IMG_5874.JPG

Back