PM1228 apron drive gear problem

Bryanaverill

Registered
Registered
My manual and powered drive started slipping. After studying the manual I suspected the drive gear that engages the rack. Upon inspection, I found the two parts of this gear that are pressed together were slipping just like I thought. I believe they should be welded together but mine wasn't. I also think the large gear is on backwards because the teeth chamfer are on the side opposite of the meshing gears, which means the engagement of the manual and powered gears are against the square and sharp side. Not optimal.

I plan on flipping the large gear so the teeth chamfer is on the correct side, and then adding two 10-32 set screws at the shaft to bore seam, assuming the parts aren't too hard.

Any tips?

Attachments

• 20220206_082605.jpg
    20220206_082605.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 109
  • 20220206_082616.jpg
    20220206_082616.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 98
Sounds as though you have under control.

My manual and powered drive started slipping. After studying the manual I suspected the drive gear that engages the rack. Upon inspection, I found the two parts of this gear that are pressed together were slipping just like I thought. I believe they should be welded together but mine wasn't. I also think the large gear is on backwards because the teeth chamfer are on the side opposite of the meshing gears, which means the engagement of the manual and powered gears are against the square and sharp side. Not optimal.

I plan on flipping the large gear so the teeth chamfer is on the correct side, and then adding two 10-32 set screws at the shaft to bore seam, assuming the parts aren't too hard.

Any tips?

I would request a replacement gear and shaft.

Back