Pm1127vf-lb existing owner help please

LDM117

Registered
Registered
Could someone please tell me if the distance of 27.5 inches for the front to back depth is correct for PM1127VF-LB by actually mreasuring it on their machine. Also if the backsplash protrudes back beyond the base of the machine and could be shortened [cut and moved forward], how much shorter would the depth dimension be. THANK YOU.

Hi - there's a yahoo group called Blue Machines at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/bluemachining/info - you'll find several 1127VF owners there. You'll need to be specific about where you want this depth measured. The chip tray is the deepest element of the lathe except when the cross slide is hanging out the front side. It is also wider and deeper than the base of the machine. The splash guard doesn't protrude past the chip tray, I don't think - but I'm still working on my first cup of coffee and too lazy to go out to the shop right now and look at mine!

Give ray C a chance to see this and I am sure he will be glad to help. He is the tech support guy for PM machines and know his products well. Whatever questions you have he either knows the answer or will get it for you from the importer Matt.

Bob

Back