[Documentation] PM1030V lathe Operator's Manual

Bill Kahn

Registered
Registered
Just got my PM1030V hobbyist lathe. Christmas in August. What a thrill opening each of the many boxes.

I had tried to find the operator's manual online to be prepared for this day. Couldn't find it. So, first thing I did was scan it. Here it is.

-Bill

Attachments

• PM1030V.PDF
    14 MB · Views: 65
Last edited:
How embarrassing. I need to remove this post--it is hopeless confusing. How do I delete a post? -Bill

I believe as the OP you can edit the title to correct it.at the top under thread tools, you can edit title.

Just above your first post, there should be "Thread Tools" drop down window. One of the tools is "edit title".

Tom

Just above your first post, there should be "Thread Tools" drop down window. One of the tools is "edit title".

Tom
Yes. There it was. Done. Thank you. (I've had my PM25V for a few months now. Love it. The PM1030V is promising to be still more goodness). -Bill

Just got my PM1030V hobbyist lathe. Christmas in August. What a thrill opening each of the many boxes.

I had tried to find the operator's manual online to be prepared for this day. Couldn't find it. So, first thing I did was scan it. Here it is.

-Bill
I now have the PM1030V running (well, it goes around and around. I have not yet puzzled out all the knobs and handles and set screws and doohickeys. That is the adventure. ). But, in relation to this OP on "here is the manual for it" I would like to offer a touch of caution. It is, indeed, the manual that was sent with my PM1030V. And, indeed, what is documented is pretty darn similar to what was sent. But, it is not actually identical. For example, 230V is documented. Mine is 120V.

But, more relevant is Figure 2--the "Foundation Drawing." Maybe what is diagramed is correct for the PM1022V. But it is not for my PM1030V. So, don't drill any mounting holes until you see what actually comes in your box.

Regarding the low quality of the posted scan--sorry, but I was sent a low quality black and white photocopy. The PDF is as good as the original sent.

-Bill

I now have the PM1030V running (well, it goes around and around. I have not yet puzzled out all the knobs and handles and set screws and doohickeys. That is the adventure. ). But, in relation to this OP on "here is the manual for it" I would like to offer a touch of caution. It is, indeed, the manual that was sent with my PM1030V. And, indeed, what is documented is pretty darn similar to what was sent. But, it is not actually identical. For example, 230V is documented. Mine is 120V.

But, more relevant is Figure 2--the "Foundation Drawing." Maybe what is diagramed is correct for the PM1022V. But it is not for my PM1030V. So, don't drill any mounting holes until you see what actually comes in your box.

Regarding the low quality of the posted scan--sorry, but I was sent a low quality black and white photocopy. The PDF is as good as the original sent.

-Bill

If anyone is looking for the manual for this PM1030V lathe, as silly as this may sound, I actually would recommend reading the manual on the PM1127VF-LB at http://www.machinetoolonline.com/files/PM-1127VF-LB_Manual_2015.pdf. I read that last night and the 1127 is different in only small ways from the 1030. Now, of course, those small ways may be important to you. (So, maybe best to read both and still not quite trust any particularly important detail) but the 1127 online PDF is better written and formatted. And the 1127 has many more YouTube videos--I am enjoying them now. -Bill

Back