PM1030V First impressions

Ha! Been there done that! :)
With this purchase it's about getting a machine I can make some money with doing small projects like making vintage car parts that are no longer available. I bought it for my business, Resto-Euro LLC. restoeuro.com. I recently bought a Rong Fu RF-30 round column mill with DRO and power feed on the X axis. It came with a clamp down set and collets, all for $1200. I have enough tooling for now and I'll buy more as jobs come in the shop. As the business grows, I'll buy better equipment to meet new demands.

Ha! Been there done that! :)
With this purchase it's about getting a machine I can make some money with doing small projects like making vintage car parts that are no longer available. I bought it for my business, Resto-Euro LLC. restoeuro.com. I recently bought a Rong Fu RF-30 round column mill with DRO and power feed on the X axis. It came with a clamp down set and collets, all for $1200. I have enough tooling for now and I'll buy more as jobs come in the shop. As the business grows, I'll buy better equipment to meet new demands.
Sounds like a great plan Dean. Hope the PM works for you.

Squire

Tahlequah, OK / Cherokee Nation of Oklahoma

Nice work. I'm glad you got the kinks worked out on your lathe.

I hate to tell you this, though, but what inevitably happens is guys buy a lathe and within a few weeks start to wish they had a bigger lathe. Then, comes the mill. After doing a few projects you will say to yourself, "man if I just had a mill I could do...". Then you start itching to have one. Next comes tooling. There is no end to it.

Hey Old Squire: Thats me exactly. How does a guy justify having 5 lathes?
(My wife keeps asking.)

Great video Dean, Thanks for your work.
lk

Hey Old Squire: Thats me exactly. How does a guy justify having 5 lathes?
(My wife keeps asking.)

Great video Dean, Thanks for your work.
lk
LuckNowKen,

Here's the deal bro, there basically is no justification for lathe number five. Not to worry though, there is hope! Here's what you do: if the lathe costs say, 8-10K, you simply have to do something for her of greater value. Take her to the Chanel Boutique at Neiman Marcus and buy her some threads. Take her for a weekend trip to Paris. Both of these will buy you a lot of mileage with her. Costly? Yes, but effective.

Squire

Back